Sunday, May 29, 2016

Our Crying Princess Doll

 My phone got to go for a ride in the washing machine last weekend, so I lost a bunch of information and pictures.  But instead of being upset, I feel grateful.  Grateful that our kids are healthy and growing.  Grateful that God's given me a mind to remember things that I need to .  Grateful that I'm suddenly up-to-date with things like blogs when my pictures are gone.  ;)  Grateful that it puts into perspective what is really important- God, His Word, and the souls of people!  And grateful that I happened to post these pics of Anneka's performance on Facebook the night before the washing incident, so all is not lost....

 

          Last weekend Anneka had her "last performance" of the year.  I put that in parenthesis because we just found out she has one more.  ;)  But we thought it was her last.  She was a crying princess doll.  On Wednesday her drama class wrote the play, on Thursday the practiced, and on Friday they performed.  Anneka learned her lines in the morning before school on Friday.  She's been learning a lot about going to God in stressful situations and experiencing His help and comfort.

 
     We loved the kids' costumes!  Anneka's good friend was the matroshka doll.
 
Anneka's class tied together all of the younger kids' dance performances with a cute play.  They did a great job making everything come together!

      They were all dolls that came to life as a little girl slept the night before her birthday.  She dreamed about the dolls, but when she woke up she found that it wasn't only a dream because they left her a cake.  Very cute and clever.  I love that the kids had to come up with the idea and write everything themselves.

     It was so wonderful to have her friends Matthew and Nathan, come and watch her!

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

So sorry about your phone but love your attitude about it! Those costs Me's are so neat! And how cool that they wrote the play themselves! What a great experience! Speaking of which...Anneka is getting such great experiences with all these performances! Very neat!

Irene Gustafson said...

I love these pictures, my wonderful Anneka and the whole family. God bless you all. Hugs, Grandma Irene