| There's a phone number written for anyone who wants a copy of the Bible |
On Saturday, it was Leif's turn to be at the church to turn everything on. The kids and I had spent the day with our friend Asya and her kids and then joined up with Leif to make it into a bit of a picnic party. A lady in the store across the street had questions about what in the world we were doing, and I got into a conversation with her about it. I'm holding on to the promise in Isaiah 55:10-11, that God's Word will accomplish the purpose he has for it...
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
We hung out in the back yard where it wasn't quite as loud. The kids had all sorts of projects.
Ike got their "store" ready.
All of our kids are dirt magnets. I think it must mean they have a lot of fun.
Well, most of the time they have fun. Unless we ruin their fun by saying they can't madly whip sticks through the air at one another. Such mean parents.
But it's nothing a little ice cream couldn't fix!
May the words of life that people heard this past week sink deeply into their hearts and draw them to God!
2 comments:
It reminds me of a couple of boys (Lark and Leif) who dearly loved getting all muddy. I often had to hose them off before they came inside. And of course you remember the lovely clay covered faces in the picture in the bedroom of them having "painted their faces". It comes naturally. Also praising God for the way He's helping you reach out with His word.
God bless, hugs & prayers, Mama Irene
Wow that is SO cool that you are allowed to broadcast the word of the Lord!!! I will be praying that it does not fall on deaf ears!! And that bibles are given out?! Awesome!
Oh and so funny about the mean parents. Especially because Anneka looks so tall and grown up in that picture...minus the crying. Haha 😄
Post a Comment