Thursday, December 03, 2015

God's Word is Living



     God’s Word is living and active, sharper than a double edged sword.  Besides being our personal life source, we’re encouraged lately by how the Bible has been an encouragement to others in our life.

     Two years ago when I (Jami) went back to the States for my Grandpa’s funeral, I returned with a bunch of Bibles that I passed out during a layover in southeast Asia.  I felt that I was to keep one, and it sat on our shelf.   Just recently our friend Nettie asked me us if we knew where she could find a Bible in the particular language of this country, as she met a girl from there who is hungry spiritually and was asking for one.  She was happily surprised to hear that we had one!  I just love how God does that!  This girl is reading and growing and going to a Bible study and church with Nettie.  There are several other girls from southeast Asia that come to Nettie’s English Club where she seeks to share about the Lord and go over Bible passages.  Pray for these girls and praise the Lord for how He’s at work!

     Also, I received a phone call from one of my Russian friends this week, telling me that she’s been reading a Bible I gave her over a year ago.  She said it sat there for a long time.  She hadn’t even noticed the inscription I’d put in there for her until recently.  =)  She said that she had had a bad attitude about God and spiritual things, but that her heart has totally changed.  “I believe now, not just in my head, but in my heart.  And there’s a big difference”.  I was so encouraged by this phone call.  It’s a reminder of the power in God’s Word.  I look forward to continuing this dialog with her, and I pray that she will grow up strong in the Lord.

1 comment:

Irene Gustafson said...

Praise God! Yes His word is living, available and helpful for our good. So happy to see God showing you evidence of His timing and love and giving you these encouragements. Hugs to you all, Grand Mama Irene