Sunday, February 22, 2015

Passing On Greetings

We wanted to post this video here so that you could all see.  Many of you participated in this.  When we were in the States and sharing about our ministry at different churches we recorded different greetings in Russian and Buryat to be able to share with the churches here.  This idea came from the tradition among the churches we work with where there is actually a time at the end of each service for passing greetings along.  It reminds us of the greetings at the end of most of the New Testament letters (read Romans 16 if you want an example of what I mean).  It helps the believers to know that they aren't alone, but there is a bigger family out there.  The final product turned out nicely and was a great encouragement to the people we work with.  We first showed it at the church we attend regularly and there were smiles throughout the crowd when the saw Americans doing their best to share in Russian and Buryat.  One of the babushkas (grandmas) just beamed as she said that it was so wonderful of us to do this.  I (Leif) then showed it at a Buryat prayer meeting and they were so excited that they said I need to put in on facebook so that they can download it and share it with others.  They said it shows the unity of the family of God across nations and some even said that I should record them so that we can bring greetings next time we're in the States.  We'll have to figure that out closer to our next trip back to the States :).
Thanks again for all of you that participated in this, and for those that didn't sorry we weren't able to record you, too.  And for now I'll pass on greetings to you from our Buryat and Russian brothers and sisters in the old fashion way, in writing :).  Hello!  Привет! Сайнбайно!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leif for sharing the greetings and so glad it was so happily received. Mama Linda

Irene Gustafson said...

So wondderful to see the finished product. Wish I could still each photo, as I know several of the churches and people that participated. Praise God it was so well received. Hugs and prayers, Grand Mama Irene

This Is The Day said...

Wow so neat!!!