Thursday, February 19, 2015

English Club


     Each week we hold an English Club.  Two evenings a month we have lessons with discussion groups, once a month is a game night, and the other evening is some sort of show or short movie with discussion questions.  It's been a way to meet new people and teach English while sharing Biblical truths at the same time.


After the club everyone hangs around and talks (with tea and cookies, of course).






      Our family has a lot of games-some from wonderful people like you!- and it's great to be able to share them with others.  Here, Leif was teaching a new game to one of the guys.  Ike was a helper.  The kids and I have gone to English Club the last couple of weeks.  They've done well so far, so I think we'll keep going.  It makes it easier for me to invite people I know if I'm actually going to be there, too.  =)




      Most people on game night like to play games that don't require a ton of English.  Leif tries to make everyone use English as they play, but it's not always successful.  =)  But it's still a great week for having fun together and forming relationships.





      And since I'm a mom, I had to include pictures of us on our way to English Club.  Ike preferred sliding down the ramp instead of taking the stairs.


     ... and here are all of my cuties, riding on the bus!  =)

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

I love that there is an option of a slide along with the stairs! Cute picture on the bus. I like how you can barely see Ike. :)

Irene Gustafson said...

Lovely to see your work and life. Love you guys. Grandma Irene

Unknown said...

Love to see such joy in your mission. Hope God continues to bless you and those you reach. Would like to share my blog with you:

www.theway-book.com/compass

Hope it can be of assistance to you as reach out to those in your community