We're so excited about the kids program that's up and running for the year! Last week was the beginning with a special morning of games and songs and making yellow handprints to later decorate the room (made into little bees). We're getting more and more kids at our church! I think I counted 14 the last two weeks, and that was with several kids who normally come not there. It's wonderful, as God loves kids, and a team of people in our church have worked really hard to plan out great lessons for them.
They all worked together to make a fruit salad.
It was so cute to watch Ella concentrating as she cut her banana.
Anneka was happy to get to cut harder fruits.
I invited a lady that I met at the outdoor market and she came with her two kids. They all had a lot of fun. Her daughter liked it so much that she cried when it was time to go home!
I couldn't resist taking a picture of me and my little buddy. He was in a "mama mood", as he often is when we're around a lot of people. Ike liked watching all of the other kids.
Anneka has a little friend that she just loves. In the weeks before the kids program started, the kids would run outside and shriek and laugh in the other room inside and often were NOISY. And often our daughters were a part of the laughing and the noise. Of course we still had them quiet down, but I was thinking about what a blessing it is that THIS is our problem at church- that the girls have friends and are giggling. I didn't even imagine this day a couple of years ago. Anneka and her friend decided that they wanted to buy matching shoes. The girl's mom didn't want to buy them, and I thought it may be strange to buy them as a gift, so Anneka used her own money that she'd saved up- to the very last ruble!- to buy shoes for her friend. She was SO happy to give them to her.
Fun friends in their fun shoes!
Leif and I have been asked to be in charge of younger kids group starting in October. This is a little challenging for me to do in Russian, but I'm thankful that everything is already planned out and made easy for us! God loves kids so much, and it's so important that they learn about Him and know how much He loves them!
3 comments:
What a wonderful post. As you know I love kids, too. Praise God for the way He is working things to grow your church. Love, Mama Irene
What a wonderful post. As you know I love kids, too. Praise God for the way He is working things to grow your church. Love, Mama Irene
That is so great that you had all those kids! And that was SO sweet of Anneka to spend her money on shoes for her friend. What a thoughtful girl.
P.S. T came home and I was cleaning the hamster cage and he asked why I wasn't making the girls do it. I told him I realized they were just going to make a HUGE mess that I would have to clean up so I did it myself. It seems that's how most things go around here. :)
Post a Comment