So, the question is, how much do I want to test your patience by telling you everything?! I will try to keep it as simple as possible. Last week, the girls and I went to their school to make sure we had everything in order for the first day on Monday... and we found out that the school is CLOSED on weekdays now! So, I/we then proceeded to visit a bizillion (well, probably more like ten) kindergartens, learning centers, and school preparatory centers over the next three days. We were so disappointed because the school we wanted is practically next door and both girls could attend there in separate classes. After much searching and prayer, we've decided for Anneka to go back to the school where she was last year (it's a great school but means a farther walk and they don't have a place for Ella). And we're still searching for a good fit for Ella. This also means that we need to update Anneka's medical card. This should mean a simple stamp, as she already did the round of 13 doctors, tons of lab and medical tests, etc last year (you can click here, if interested in what we needed to do). But already we've been to the clinic three times this week and need to go back at least 3 more times. With long lines (like almost two hours wait. with little kids). I took the above picture today when we were waiting for what we thought was our last stamp from the pediatrician. We brought books and found this nice free bench down the hall from the other people who were waiting. Not pictured is the line we had to stand in to get some sort of paper. It was just too crazy to pull out the camera!
There are actually a bunch of really irritating things that I could share with you, but I've found that that's not usually the helpful thing (as entertaining as it may be) I just start to get grumpy (especially when I think of going back there 3 more times!) I've found that it truly helps to reflect on what I'm thankful for, so I'll make a little list:
* Yulia called me while we were there, and SHE was in the clinic, too, with her two kids! Neither of us knew the other would be there.
* The clinic is right next to where we live- no buses or driving necessary
* Our kids are healthy
* Wonderful people have sent us wonderful books in English that we can read while we wait
* Ike did not destroy the papers on the bulletin board
* I sneakily weighed Ike while we were there, and he's over 27 pounds!
* After we'd waited to get the paper in that long line, we were told to get at the END of the other line (the one we'd already waited it). I seriously couldn't believe it. This nice lady told us to just cut. She said it with authority in front of everyone, and everyone let us!! If she hadn't done that, we would have been there 4 hours! I wanted to kiss her.
* The pediatrician couldn't find Anneka's lab results after looking through a box of papers. Somehow I spotted it in a pile on the table. This was God, as it was written in messy cursive Russian, and I normally would not be able to do that.
* There were open seats for us to sit on the whole time.
It's good to remember that God is with us. What matters is how we respond to situations- no matter how irritating. He wants to show Himself through us and grow in us. It's also good for me to remember that patience is a good thing for my kids to learn, too
So after a morning at the clinic, we went to the playground with Yulia and her girls. Ella and Anneka loved holding little baby Dasha!!
She's so little!
I bought a bag of oatmeal cookies and praised the kids for being so good in the doctor's office. I let them have as many as they wanted (not a normal practice)! Ike was pretty pleased with his two cookies.
After about an hour and a half of playing outside, they came over for lunch. Ike was very interested in Dasha. He kept pointing and saying "baby!" and talked with her in his own little language. I think he poked her or something when Yulia and I had to leave the room for a minute (potty accident) because she started crying. I forget that you can't leave a baby alone with a bigger baby!!
Speaking of that little Ike, I just looked over at him and he's wiping up the floor with a towel after spilling some milk. What a good little boy! Another blessing to count!
2 comments:
I'm sorry your school search has been frustrating. That's too bad that the one you wanted closed. :( Good job counting your blessings! I was feeling really grumpy the other day so I did that and it really does make you feel better! I can't believe Ike is 27 pounds! Healthy boy!
Well at least that was a great school that Anneka went to last year and she enjoyed it so much. She must be over the moon! I do hope you can find something for Ella, too. Maybe even play dates with other Russian speaking children. I love seeing the pictures and skyping with you all. Miss you and can't wait to see you all again. Thanks again for your prayers for Cheri. Hugs, Mama Irene
Post a Comment