Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sleeping Beauty


     Leif was working in the office and little Ella went in there, curled up on the chair next to him, and fell asleep.  Sometimes she seems so big, and sometimes she's still just a baby.  This is a moment when she just seems like little baby Ella.  She loves whenever she gets me or Leif all to herself.  And we love it, too.

     And a sidenote:  the first time I ever saw these couches/chairs, I thought they were sooooo ugly.  And now I think they're almost nice.  We've lived in Russia long enough that our tastes have changed (Leif is included in this).  There are many things that we used to think looked ugly/strange/tacky that now we really like.  We'll never be the same again!

3 comments:

josie O. said...

I've experienced the exact same switch in my aesthetic opinions. When we first moved to Ukraine, I never saw anything I wanted to buy. Now, I see things that I think are cute all the time.

Irene Gustafson said...

God bless you all. It's a good thing change and adjust. Love you guys!

This Is The Day said...

Aww, she looks so sweet. I love those moments when they seem little again. So funny about the chair! I'm convinced that we all like things only because we see them all the time. I think "trends" are just people seeing the same thing over and over until they end up liking it, so it makes sense!