Tomorrow is Easter, so many of the members of our church got together today to clean and get the the room ready for us to start meeting in there (we haven't met in there since the major construction last summer). Isaac spent most of the time on my back and was a really good little guy. It's amazing how dirty everything gets here- lots of pollution in the air, lots of dirt from outside (there's no grass, so everything is really dirty), plus the extra construction created more dirt. Add this to no running water and scrubbing with water that quickly turns black, it was quite the process to get things clean. I wanted to just take the big water barrels home and wash them with hot running water and dish soap and scrub them really good. But people weren't so sure about that, as they needed the water jugs. So I spent a long time rubbing dirty water around on them. I do have to say that they looked way better in the end, (and one of these days I hope to steal them away and execute my cleaning plan).
But it was so neat to see everyone coming together. I love how work is made fun when you're with friends. It was fun hearing Irene communicate with others with hand gestures and English.
The kids played outside in the SUNSHINE!! They found all sorts of things to do- making dirt balls, chasing spiders, and creating games with sticks. It was in the 70s today. SO NICE. They came home totally filthy, but completely happy.
Leif put up the molding in the new room (white decorated styrofoam).
I enjoyed helping Yulia in the kitchen, getting lunch prepared. Her husband almost died this week, so she filled me in on how he's doing and what God taught her through it all. We are thanking God that he's getting better and better (still in the hospital, but he's alive!) She's reminded that God is near and so loving and that He takes cares about all of the details of our lives.
Ella loved the lunch of potatoes and canned meat, and she especially loved how Nathan spoon-fed her!
So if I was really thinking, I would have gotten pictures of the JUNK and DIRT that was everywhere when we arrived this morning. The Brubachers gave us this "after picture" of the room where our church will meet tomorrow. It looks great and will hold over twice as many people as the old room. We haven't had room for people the past weeks, so this is a welcome change! We're looking forward to celebrating Easter and our risen Lord with our church family tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment