Sunday, November 04, 2012
Coat Repair
It's the time of year when we switch from wearing regular winter coats to needing to pull out our heavy-duty winter coats. This morning it was 1F (-17C), and it's just going to get colder. Ella and I took the coats in to get repaired. My coat had holes in the pockets, so I had lots of treasures floating around in the lining. Anneka's coat had a hole inside- right where the sleeve attaches to the coat, so if she put her arm in through the hole instead of through the sleeve, it got stuck in there. And we needed some new zippers.
So, we took this bundle to the repair shop, but the repair shop was closed. I double checked the sign on the door. It opened at 10:00 and we were there after 11:00. I commented to a lady that it wasn't very convenient because I had a little girl with me and all those coats (and it made it hard to do other needed shopping!) She told me that I should have come in the day before to double check with the seamstress to make sure she'd be there. Oh, yes, that would have made everything easier!! Thankfully that day, I had the van (normally we would have walked), so we were able to put everything outside while we did more shopping.
After we bought a few groceries, the repair lady came! I told her we'd be right back, I just had to grab our coats from the car. When we returned a few minutes later, she was gone and the door was locked. By now everyone was staring at the little girl and her mom with all the coats. Then we found the lady. And she unlocked the door. And now we should get our coats back tomorrow and be officially prepared for winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gwen thought that was a funny story. I think everything seems way to hard there in Ulan Ude--starting with the freezing cold weather! Love ya, GrandMama Irene PS Cute smile on Ella this time.
Post a Comment