Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nettie's 30th Birthday


      Nettie recently turned 30, and I got to celebrate with her twice!  The first time was at this great new Belgian bakery downtown.  They have espresso and milkshakes and yummy, yummy baked breads and pastries!



     You can kind of see the yummy food behind the counter.  I always love when I get to see Adriana (holding Ike)!


     Nettie got her hair done by a friend... so fun!  Ike loved all of the attention he got from all of the women!



     And then the next night we got to have a surprise party, Indian style!!  Martina and Renata planned it, and Lena hosted it... and I was so happy to be invited!!  We ate yummy Indian food and sat on the floor and tried to dress Indian-style.  It was very fun.


     Anneka was a little disappointed when she heard that the party was past her bedtime, but she ran into her room, dressed this doll up and sent her as her representative.  And then she was okay.

 

A group shot.



     Ike was so tuckered at the end of the party.  He didn't even wake up when I put his hat and coat on.  We've been training him to sleep in his bed the last few days.  I know, kind of crazy that he hasn't really slept there before.  He's such a good baby and is transitioning very smoothly and sweetly.  He looks up at me and smiles as I sing him to sleep and even sings a bit and says "mama, mama".  I love this little guy so much!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun ways to celebrate Nettie's 30th! Isaac so reminds me of you when you were a baby, Jami!

Irene Gustafson said...

Loved the pictures of the fun celebrations, too. I also love that little guy and all of you, Grand Mama Irene