It's been six years ago now that we moved to Ulan-Ude. When we first arrived, Chingis and Ksusha were expecting their first baby (but it was early in the pregnancy) and we didn't have any kids at all. Now look at all of our kids!! Ella needs to be switched with the baby next to her to be in perfect age order. Together they make up a whole circus!
Daniel is the knight and Anneka is the bride.
Anneka's Russian is getting better and better, which makes it fun for her to have Russian-speaking guests. Today her teacher said that she can tell a marked difference just in these past 3 weeks in Anneka's Russian. She's answering the teachers' questions and is talking more and more with the other kids... and she's happy!
Leif is out of town with some men from our church (in Irkutsk), and I've been solo with the kids for a few days. Yesterday Anneka woke up with a sore throat, so I asked her if she wanted to stay home (it's also hard to get all three kids dressed and fed and out the door and to school without Leif here)... and she got a concerned look on her face and said, "But what if I miss something fun at school?" To me, this is a good sign. If she was really struggling at school, she would want to stay home. Needless to say, we got ready and went. (and Ike and Ella both had major crying spells along the way and everyone gawked).
Ella's Russian skills are also growing. I'm not sure if it's her age or Anneka's school influence, but yesterday Ella started talking with me in Russian! She also seems to understand a lot. She doesn't seem to have any preference of watching a kid's show in English or Russian (there are some great 6 minute shows that the girls like and they usually watch one while I make breakfast), and she's not shy around Russian speakers.
And today I really think Ike said "пока" (bye-bye in Russian). He waved when he said it, and it's when Lena was leaving. I think he'll be an early talker. Lately, he's been really LOUD (screeching!) and making sure we know he's here!
3 comments:
Haha, you two couples have definitely multiplied! All the kids are so cute!
That is SO great that Anneka is liking school so well and doing so good on her Russian!
I don't know how you do it with Leif gone! It seems like he is always going somewhere. T is at a conference tonight, but my mom is spending the night. I'm such a baby! Haha :)
I agree with "This Is The Day", you are amazing and the kids all look so cute. I remember last time I visited with the two older boys--they were so fun. Love you all soooo much. God bless and I pray Anneka's throat will heal quickly. Wish I could hold and hug you all right now! Love and hugs, Grand Mama Irene
Wow..it doesn't seem that long ago that Irene and I were having an interesting evening with Danya and baby Anneka...now there are six!
Post a Comment