When these ladies (pictured above) first came, Anneka said that she didn't want the old ladies to be here... definitely a time that I was very happy they didn't understand English! But within minutes, she was laughing with them and acting like they were her best friends.
Ike liked the attention from all of the ladies, too... both young and old. Three of the teenage girls from our church came early and helped me out by holding Ike and making a cake.
Masha invited a few of her friends from outside of the church, too. Ella really liked Tuyana and sat on her lap right away (usually she is shy with new people, so I was surprised by this). After awhile, Anneka sat on Tuyana's other knee. I think she really liked that the girls wanted to snuggle up with her! =)
We each wrote a story about a memory we had with Masha and then she had to guess who wrote what. Then she opened that person's present. I had my friend, Lena, write mine for me the day before so that my bad Russian penmanship wouldn't be a giveaway. =) Inka also shared a message about Deborah from the Bible and we took time to pray for Masha together.
It's really cool because one of Masha's friends told her several times after the evening that it was such a nice party and she could tell that Masha was so loved by all of us in the church. She used to wonder why Masha went to church and implied that it was a sect and that they just wanted to take from Masha, but after the shower she saw how much we really love her and are her real friends. She was so happy that Masha has us in her lives. I'm so glad that her friend had such a good time and verbalized these things to Masha!
Tomorrow I'm going to make a few pizzas for Masha's wedding on Saturday... for the bridal party to snack on between the official signing of the marriage certificate and the evening banquet (during pictures). It's funny because just this week I was thinking that I know I've lived in Russia a long time when it doesn't matter to me if I have tomato paste in the cupboard or not to make sauce. This week I just used ketchup and mayo. Another time I used some sour cream and spices. Anything goes! But for Masha, I'll make sure it's good. =)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
How great that a simple thing like a bridal shower could help re-shape someone's skewed view of Christians/church! I love how God works.
What a great friend and hostess you are Jami. These are great pictures and sounds like a fun party. God bless you all. Love Mama Irene PS Happy Birthday Jami!
Post a Comment