So, it's been concluded that I have too much amniotic fluid and that's what's causing the contractions. The baby is big- weighing over 3.5 pounds (and he's only 27 weeks). My Ob/Gyn in the States wants me tested for gestational diabetes, as this often causes too much fluid. I'll get the glucose screening test on Monday. To stop the contractions I'm on an I.V. of magnesium every other day and on the off days I have an I.V. of some sort of nutrient from a calf that's supposed to help the baby. I'll get these I.V.s for 10 days. Already I've noticed a huge difference in not cramping/contracting. Unfortunately, there are other strong and negative side effects from the magnesium that I'm not enjoying so much. Two days down, eight to go! We're praising God that the baby is healthy and that he's staying right where he should be!
I'm so thankful that Leif's been with me these days. He helps distract me and keeps me company. Today there was a sewage problem underneath the building and the room was really stinky and cold and stuffy and I got really lightheaded and almost fainted. Leif called the nurse and she took out the I.V., opened the window, and rubbed my temples. It was very sweet. Tomorrow I'll be in a different room and Nettie will keep me company.
While Leif was leading the Buryat Partnership this afternoon, Lisa and Martina came over and made a TON of really yummy food for our family for this next week. What a HUGE gift! Anna watched the kids and got Ella down for a nap- and even cleaned!- while they cooked and I slept (It was hard to sleep last night as my heart was racing from the magnesium). God is teaching me so much about His love. I see how valuable it is to reach out to people in tangible ways when they're in need. I'm so thankful for the family we have in Jesus!
4 comments:
So thankful our little grandson is right where he should be. And thankful for the many caring helpful friends during this much needed time. Baba
Jami I can't believe how beautiful you look even while getting the IV. I too, praise God for the attention He has given in helping you and the baby get the help you need and the family, too with all the wonderful people volunteering to help you. May God continue to bless and keep you all healthy and strong and doing His will. Loveyou all, Mama Irene
Jami!!... oh my goodness --- you are in our prayers! I am so sorry I haven't responded yet to your email... so thankful you have such wonderful care & help with "His" family! :) Sending hugs & love your way...
Praying for the IV's not to bother you too much. So thankful that little boy is staying where he's supposed to. :) praying for all of you.
Post a Comment