This past week has been scary, as I had contractions and other worrisome symptoms. Leif was gone in Mongolia at the time, and at one point my friends were packing my bag for the hospital and I was saying goodbye to my little girls... and didn't know when I'd see them again. Thankfully God took good care of me and provided many different friends to stay with me and the girls until Leif returned. He was able to get on a train that only goes every 2 weeks and return early. It's so nice to have him back!
For an undetermined time, I'm on bed rest. This can be hard to explain to little Ella, who wants her mama's attention frequently. Leif has been really good with the girls, though, and he is good at distracting them away from me.
There were so many things going through my mind as Renata, Martina, and Shawna (midwife) were taking me to the hospital. I'm only 26 weeks pregnant, and Shawna was told they don't try and save babies here that early. I kept going back to the fact that this little boy is God's and is in His loving hands. When things are scary or sad or confusing, there is this wonderful truth to hold onto.
And now that I'm home, there's so much to be thankful for! The contractions have stopped, God provided so many people to show His love and care for me, I'm not in the hospital and can rest at home, Leif was able to come home early, etc. I'm amazed at how many people have called or stopped by to pray for me or to offer help.
And now that I'm on bed rest, I want to use this time wisely. It sounds tempting to just watch movies all day (and maybe some day I will do this), but with little ones it's often hard to take time to really focus on God and His Word and to draw near to Him without a bazillion distractions. I want to use this time for these things... and to read to the girls and to pray and to sing praises to Jesus.
We appreciate your continued prayers for this little one inside of me. We pray that he'll arrive fully developed and at full term. Pray for Leif, too, as he now has even more on his plate. Pray that we'll all go through this time well, drawing nearer and nearer to God.
2 comments:
So thankful for God's many blessings during this very scary time. Baba
I feel the same as your mom, Jami. It's so hard to be so far away, when your children & grandchildren are in need. I, too have to lean into our Lord through prayer and Bible and realize you are all in His hands. I am so thankful to hear the many ways He's watching over you and the sweet little one you're carrying. I pray He will continue to heal and help you all through these days. Love, Mama Irene
Post a Comment