Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fumes



I probably should not be writing a blog right now, as all I can really think about are fumes. They've been painting in our hallway the past few days, and the fumes are SO STRONG! We've had our windows open and I've shut myself in the back room, but we can't fully get away. Leif told me yesterday that they even painted our door. It used to be a nice wood color. Now it matches the walls! I'm sure the hallways are much nicer, and we're thankful for the improvements. I will just be very happy when the fumes are gone.


The I.V. treatment worked temporarily but didn't stop the contractions. Now I'm on a couple of other medicines. I passed the sugar test, so I'm assuming that means no gestational diabetes.

Even though my feelings are kind of like a roller coaster right now, God keeps reminding me to trust Him and He keeps showing me how much we have to be thankful for through this hard time. I will write more on this in the days to come (right now I have a headache from the fumes), but I'll share a couple now. I had to wean Ella suddenly when the contractions started. I had planned on nursing her these winter months to give her the added benefit of antibodies. And with all of the guests and changes and the move, it seemed like weaning her wouldn't have been good in the middle of those times. But anyways, she used to NEED her Mama all of the time and was totally jealous of anyone else who got my attention. But now she happily goes to lots of people and is content without me. This is so nice to know that she's happy, and it will help prepare her for the new baby, I'm sure. I've also had some really nice times with Anneka, talking and reading together. Almost every night I let her fall asleep next to me while I sing to her and rub her head. (and Leif carries her to her own bed later). It's been really sweet to have this time with her.

Okay, my head won't last any longer. Thank you for your continued prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see the blessings through the storm...
Yes, Ella will adjust more easily having her baby brother get lots of mama attention and how sweet to have that snuggling,talking and reading time with Anneka.

Interesting door... Baba

This Is The Day said...

Glad things worked out okay with Ella and that you have had some special time with Anneka!

Stay in there baby boy! We are excited to meet you but we don't mind waiting a little longer. :)

Anonymous said...

So good to hear, sweet Jami!! We continue to pray for you - the Knights :)

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray that you will feel a total healing from headachs, contractions/cramping, and your little boy will wait until you can return to the states. So good to hear about Ella and Anneka. May God continue to bless you all as He carries you through these difficult times. I praise God that you can see the blessings, too. Love, GrandmamaIrene

The Lochheads said...

So good to hear that your little boy is staying put! We are praying for you, Gustafson Family! Much, much love being sent your way--LE and family