Saturday, October 15, 2011

Settling In



The work in our apartment is officially done! This past week, we've started cleaning, hauling out trash, moving in furniture, unpacking, etc. Alan, Art, and Eric came and helped move the big things and assemble furniture.



Thankfully, through all of this, the girls have been able to stay away from the craziness. They've had several different babysitters this past week. It's all gone well, but we are all TIRED. Everything takes longer than it seems like it should. Along with this, we've been trying to change our registration to our new place, and Leif has made 4 trips already to the office and has to go again next week. Yesterday we went with the girls and Ella had a meltdown just about the time we made it into the office (after waiting an hour in the hallway).



Nettie came and helped unpack boxes on Wednesday. It was really nice to have her help and company. Vera watched the girls one morning and when I picked them up, Anneka exclaimed, "I ate LOTS of candy today!" When I told Vera what Anneka had said, she told me, "I kept telling her that it wasn't good to eat lots of candy, but she just kept eating it". So funny. So funny that she didn't just take it away from her. I suppose in weeks like this it's okay for a little girl to have pleasures like candy. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see the process and that you are settling in to your apt. The picture of Ella must say it for all of you...TIRED! Baba

Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors for the kids room and living room. I can't wait to pics of everything, completed. I'm so thankful you had so many people to help with the kids and the move. I'll continue to pray you all stay healthy, get rested, and get the registration you need to complete. Praise God and I love you, Mama Irene

This Is The Day said...

Your new place looks really nice! That is so funny about Anneka and the candy. :)