Monday, August 29, 2011

Neighborhood Day Camp


Our church put on a day camp for the youth in our neighborhood (right between where we're living now and where we'll be moving to) this past Thursday-Saturday. 100 kids came on the first and last days and 120 kids were there on Friday! The weather was perfect and all of the kids got to hear about Jesus.



Leif led a group (one of four) of the kids along with a girl we met three years ago through a camp just like this. She came to Christ after becoming connected with our church after that camp. It was so neat to see her (and another girl, too) reach out to the kids, just as they had once been reached out to. I love seeing this kind of fruit!



The kids seemed to have a lot of fun. Our church plans to have outreaches each Sunday in the upcoming weeks for a place to keep connections with those from the camp. Unfortunately yesterday was really rainy. We hope that in the upcoming weeks we'll continue to see and grow in relationships with these kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the great work you and your church are doing and of course the "fruits". Love you, GrandMama Irene

Renee said...

I'm having so much fun reading through your posts before I head to bed! I love heaering about your family coming to visit, the adventures you all have. Thinking of you all!