Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Non-Scary Trip To The Dentist


Anneka loves to play doctor and dentist. She loves pretending to give us shots in our mouths. She delights in us having pretend cavities... especially when we pretend to cry. This is all good as a game at home, but I had the thought that Anneka should have a real-live dental experience here... under happy terms. That way, if she ever does have a cavity or chips a tooth, she will have positive feelings about the dentist. Our schedule cleared up the past couple of days, so this morning I asked Anneka if she wanted to go to the dentist today. "Yeah!!', she exclaimed. I told her to open her mouth for this picture. It turned out pretty funny. I really wanted to take a picture in the hallway, as they were doing MAJOR renovations and it was crazy! But I decided it wouldn't be an accurate picture of what the office is normally like and that it may be a little weird to take a picture there. =)

Anneka was a champ in the dental chair, letting the dentist check and clean all of her teeth. She even spoke a little Russian! The total price was $19.20- a good price indeed! I want to be proactive in the medical department whenever I can- learn about the system, etc.... and it's much easier to do on a day when it's not urgent then when one of the girls is in pain or sick. So I'm thankful for today. I find myself getting more and more brave the longer we live here. (sidenote: the strangest part was when I went to the sink to wash my hands and the two denists yelled at me, "no! not allowed!")

Gramma Irene left on Monday. Our apartment feels so quiet! The hot water came back on the day after she left. It was off pretty much the entire month she was here. She was so nice to always do the dishes- what a help! The girls miss they're fun playmate.

It's been hard to find time for blogging. I feel like I've left big gaps in our summer. I may do a little catchup one here soon. Leif will post soon about his time in Mongolia. It went really well! I was thankful that Irene was here with me while he was gone!

No comments: