Our sweet little Anneka got a bad stomach virus last week... and the worst part is that it was the day the Brubachers flew in. Anneka had been SO excited about meeting them at the airport and greeting them and then she had to stay home. We also had our team over for breakfast, and I quarantined Anneka to her room. I called all of the parents first to warn them, but I thought it would be safe, as I'd cleaned the house the night before (before I knew Anneka was sick) and she had only been in her room and the bathroom. I figured that the rest of the apartment should be safe. But sadly, poor little Matty Brubacher got the virus, too. Topped with jetlag, it's a miserable combination for everyone! Anneka was a sweet little sickie the first three days, thanking me for every little thing I did for her and warming my heart. After that, she kind of got cabin fever and turned into a wild animal. But I'm just thankful that she's almost recovered!
It's a miracle Ella didn't get sick. I caught her with Anneka's water bottle in her mouth on several occasions, and every time Anneka went to the bathroom, Ella would make a beeline for her. I finally just gave her her own roll of toilet paper to keep her occupied.
My sister gave these camo jammies to Anneka when she was little to go with her jungle-themed room. Ella recently made the move into the bedroom with Anneka, so I put these on her in celebration! (I wheeled her crib back into our bedroom when Anneka got really sick, but soon Ella will be back again). Ella is getting much more opinionated and dramatic. At the grocery store today I let her hold some dill. At the checkout stand Ella cried so loudly when the cashier took the dill, the the lady immediately handed it back to her. Ella is also very verbal. We recently remembered that babies can learn sign language (and we did it with Anneka) and decided to teach Ella "all done". She did both the motions AND the words right off the bat. Now she says all done with such pride at a meal... it empowers her. Before she would turn away from the spoon with her mouth tightly shut, neck craned back. Now she waves her arms happily while declaring "all done" and she knows that I won't force any more food on her. Funny girl.
Leif's been gone on a mountain climbing trip the past few days and is now on his way home! Anneka likes to choose to get sick when he's gone. I can't wait to hear how it went. I'm sure he'll have some beautiful pictures to show, too! The girls are both sleeping peacefully now, and I haven't gotten much sleep lately... so I'm off to bed!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you didn't get sick, too, Jami. I hope all 3 of you ladies are in tiptop condition now!
Praise God Anneka is better and the rest of the family didn't catch it. May you all get lots of extra sleep tonight! Love ya, GrandMama Irene
I am so sad for Anneka and you but glad she is better now. Miss you lots
Oh poor baby. She looks miserable. But so thankful that you and Ella didn't get it!
Post a Comment