Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Neighborhood Walk

Leif is back from his mountain climbing trip and will post a blog- with pictures!- about it soon. It went really well on all levels- beautiful weather, health, great conversations with people and connections, etc. I thought I'd post these pictures from last week while he gets his pictures together....





We went on a walk in the forest behind our apartment last week. It's so nice to get outside! Anneka really wanted to see animals in the woods and was disappointed that we didn't see any.





We DID find a dog scull, however, which was exciting enough to make the walk worthwhile (Anneka's holding it on the end of her stick). This is the season for dead dogs and trash. It all just kind of lays under the snow and ice all winter and then appears when everything melts. I'll post a more zoomed out picture to show the some of the garbage:




There are people in orange vests that work, work, work all around our apartments, picking up trash every day. I'm thankful for them- especially when they pick up trash on the playgrounds. It's also burning season, so a lot of garbage is burned up this time of year (we're still not quite sure why they burn such huge areas and fields- greener grass later? to get rid of garbage? to kill ticks?) All the same, we're happy it's spring and that we can delight in treasures like dog sculls and walk around without slipping and freezing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always I enjoy the pics. Thanks again for the great songs (I've replayed Happy Birthday several times.)wishes and conversations for my birthday.Love you all, GrandMama Irene