Monday, December 13, 2010

Building Snowmen

Someone in America told Anneka that she could build snow houses when she returned to Russia. Who told her this? It is much too cold to build snow houses and snowmen outside except for two days a year in the fall and spring. We went outside on the one day of fall that would work. It was 25F outside, but the snow was still too dry for packing. Now it is 55 degrees colder and simply impossible to even try. Anyways, today our advent activity was to bring the snow indoors and make mini-snowmen. Anneka had a lot of fun with it. She did it once with Leif and once with me. =) I added a little video clip at the end...




1 comment:

This Is The Day said...

What a fun idea! K has really only played in the snow at her Noni's house b/c I am too lazy to get us all bundled up to go in the backyard...plus it has dog poopie everywhere. :P Your snow does look really powdery! I'm impressed she got it together enough for a snowman! Little Ella looks so sweet watching her big sister. :)