I've been behind with blogging. We haven't been home very much and when we are, we've been spending our time on household chores or reading to Anneka or sleeping (or Leif needs the computer for business stuff). But we've had some encouraging times with people lately. In the picture above, we were at Southside Christian church (2 weeks ago). Some of the leaders had a BBQ for us on Saturday night. They asked how they can be more of a support to us and gathered around us and prayed for us. And then this week we were at Olive Branch church and everyone was so encouraging. They also gathered around us and prayed for us. It's so wonderful to know that we are not alone and to remember how many people are with us as we live and work in Siberia.
Anneka loves her cousins, Nora and Myah. It was SO nice because Nora went back with Anneka to the toddler room during the morning service. She was in heaven.
Between the three services at Southside Christian, my aunt and uncle and grandparents had family over for lunch. It was good to be together.
There was no lack of people to hold Ella. Here she is with Nora. Speaking of Ella, she had a checkup this week. She's 2.5 months old and is 15lb 3oz and 25 3/4 inches long... she's off the charts (100th percentile) for weight and height. That's one big baby! It's kind of comforting to take a bigger baby back with us to Russia, though. It feels like there's substance to her. =) Anneka was delighted to watch Ella get her shots. Her favorite game in the world is to play doctor and to give people shots. Anneka told me she wants another shot (a real one) before going back to Russia. What kid wants that??! I'm sure we could get her a flu shot or something to satisfy her desires. =) The funny thing is that she takes after her mom. I like to get shots, too.
And I couldn't leave out Anneka's cousin, Eric. They came out to my parents house last week and Anneka and Eric liked pulling the rhubarb out of the ground and then waving it everywhere.
4 comments:
How wonderful for you to be so encouraged by the christian community around you!
The picture and Anneka and her cousin Eric reminds me of Palm Sunday and kids waving the palm fronds.... we could rename it Rhubarb Sunday!!!
I am hoping to make it to see you in a week or so! I look forward to meeting Ella!
What??? You like getting shots??? Do YOU get a sucker and sticker when you get a shot?
I thought your Ella looked big in the pictures! That will be so nice in Russia. My children are naturally small, and somehow that makes everyone think I'm a bad mother. (I really do feed them!) You won't have to worry about that. :-)
And, please, please, you all can have all my shots!!! I didn't know it was possible to like something that horrible.
I cannot believe you and Anneka like shots!!! I think you may be the only person I've ever heard that from. I HATE getting shots. And I hate giving the girls shots. Yuck.
Cute picture of Anneka and the rhubarb. :)
Post a Comment