On Monday, Leif's mom came down to Seattle with her other grandkids and we all went to the Woodland Park Zoo together. My sister met up with us, too (pictured above). Home service is such an intense time- wanting to get quality time with friends and family, wanting to share with churches and supporters, wanting to rest, wanting to have fun and do things that we can't do in Siberia, etc, etc. Today I am feeling like I miss Anneka even though I've been around her every day. I just haven't really "connected" with her like normal. But I also want others to get special time with her. Anyways, it's an interesting time. And we're enjoying the parts that are good about this unique time.
The cousins looking at the komodo dragon.
Grandmama Irene with her two little grandgirls.
The penguins were so cute.
Before we got to the zoo, we tried to explain it to Anneka. "Will there be a boat there?", she asked. Leif told her that he didn't know if there would be or not and thought it was a random question. But sure enough, here was the boat she was wishing for. So funny.
A trip to the zoo wouldn't be complete without petting a goat!
Anneka and her cousin, Gwen, were our guides. They were so funny in that they both had maps and were constantly consulting the maps. They would tell us, "now we're going to the otters. Now we're going to the bears", etc... even if they didn't know where in the zoo we currently were. It was fun to watch.
3 comments:
Love seeing the pictures! So cute how Anneka is cheek to cheek with her Auntie Cory and is looking at her at the same time. This is a blissful time for Grandma Irene being with all of her grandchildren. I can understand how you miss Anneka...you are so good about sharing as this is a time for family and friends to spend time with you all. Baba
Wow, you guys are so busy! I understand how you are feeling! Whenever we are with all the family/cousins, I always feel like I haven't seen my own little ones or my husband in days even though I'm right there with them. It's interesting. I hope you guys can get some down time soon so you can rest and not wear yourselves out! Glad you are having fun with family though!
You are a supermom Jamie! God bless you and all your family always :)
Post a Comment