Sunday, August 15, 2010

Swimming and Sharing


A couple of days this week, we went to the local pool. At first Anneka was timid, but by the end, she was squealing, giggling, and even "swimming" (with flotation) without us holding onto her!



Anneka really liked riding on our backs. Here she is with her grandma.



Splashing!



Ella slept serenely by the side of the pool one day and in her aunt Fawn's arms the other.




While in Coupeville, we had a chance to share about our lives in Russia with the church Irene goes to.



It was such a wonderful surprise when I found out that my elementary school music teacher, Jodi, also goes to that church! She came to our sharing time and it was wonderful to see her and to catch up. Jodi used to teach me piano and voice lessons, too. And she lived across the street from us. And her daughter was my favorite babysitter. Anyways, it was really great to see her again after so many years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice that you were able to see Jodi...she looks so good! When we go over to see Irene, I would love to see Jodi also! I am not surprised that Anneka is able
to swim (with a little help). She is such a fast learner!

This Is The Day said...

Funny! I used to go to her piano lesson's too and Darby was my camp counselor in the 4th grade!

Looks like you guys had a great time at the pool!