Saturday, April 10, 2010

Little Baby Bogdan



Yesterday we took dinner over to Marius and Adriana's and got to meet their new little baby Bogdan- a boy after three girls! He's so cute. When we first got there, a nurse came to check on him. That's standard in Russia- the doctor or nurse comes to YOU. I think that's great. It's not exactly easy to get out with a newborn- especially having to bundle up and take public transportation. In the above picure Bogdan is sleeping on the bed, wrapped in the blanket. Christina and Anneka were so cute with him.



Anneka was THRILLED to get to hold the baby (the picture just doesn't capture her joy). When Adriana was in the hospital, they gave her an ultrasound after a few days and saw a spot in her lungs and thought it was tuberculosis. They took Bogdan away from her and told her she'd have to go to a different clinic the next day for more testing. We all prayed and PRAYED for her. I could hardly sleep that night, I just kept thinking about her and praying. The next day we heard the good news that there was no spot! We were all SO happy, and she got to reunite with her baby and take him home.



Here are the cute girls.

Right before we got to their apartment, I dropped the pizza ALL OVER the ground!! I didn't know what to do. We took it inside, and everyone was so gracious. They said they didn't mind eating it. Leif picked out the rocks while I cut up the fruit and then we put it back in the oven to cook off any germs. =) I'm so thankful for nice friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute bunch of girls and now a sweet baby boy.
Anneka is going to be so happy with her baby sister!
Christina looks so much like her red headed sister...
so cute! Yes, they are a very nice family! Baba

This Is The Day said...

That is so great that Anneka is getting to be around a baby before her little sister comes. I think that is the biggest help in getting them prepared.

In these pictures Anneka looks so grown up! She seems to have crossed that line between toddler and kid. She is such a cutie! Love the pigtails!!!