Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Pictures from Easter



Anneka and I made this cake for the Easter dinner following our church service. Irene (Leif's mom) sent us the pan last year. I think it's really fun.


And here are some pictures of Anneka finding her candy and eggs:







She was so excited to look at her stash afterwards. We're spreading them out as "potty treats".




And here are the eggs we dyed. Our pastor talked about the Christian symbolism behind them- new life, etc. You'll notice that Anneka is wearing a sleeveless dress. I took her to church in a sweater,but now that it's at the freezing point outside, it's SO much warmer everywhere inside. Everyone except for Anneka and me were dressed in warm sweaters, but I'm so thankful we were comfortable!




And here are pictures from the dinner following the service. It really is such a gift to have this church family to celebrate our risen LORD with. We always miss our family back home, but God is so faithful to provide sweet blessings for us here.



I love how on Easter, it's culturally appropriate to say "He Is Risen!" (in Russian, of course) to anyone on the street. Anneka and I tried it out with the store workers. And they replied, "He is risen indeed!" We pray that more and more will know our risen LORD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet happy face with complete delight!!!
Ka NESHA Na I liked the Easter basket and Easter dress! :-)

This Is The Day said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter! I love Anneka's Easter dress! I really noticed in these pictures that she is looking so much like her beautiful Mommy! I saw a lot of your expressions on her face, Jami. :) She is such a cutie pie!