Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dolls in the Refrigerator


























I found this in our refrigerator today. It's hard to see, but it's a tupperware container with little dolls inside. I wonder how that got there?



















Daniela's parents are visiting from Switzerland. We had their family over on Sunday and it was really nice. Anneka adores their little Maylinne (4). Anneka has been talking about her for the past three days. Leif was playing a little drawing game (pictured above) where Anneka would scribble something and then tell Leif what it was and then Leif would make it into that thing (dog, ball, etc.) It took great talent, in my opinion! I was impressed with Leif's results.



Leif's Dad and his wife sent us a game called "I Spy" last Christmas. It says it's for 3-6 year olds, but Leif pulled it down and Anneka LOVES it. As you can see above, she's really good at it too. Each little puzzle piece has a bunch of tiny objects on it, and she's able to pick out the things she needs to find. It's so fun to watch her grow and develop!

And in other news, we've been potty training Anneka this week, and I think she's getting the hang of it! Today she had no accidents (even with leaving the house three times for over an hour each). I'm hoping to get most of the training part done while our apartment is still warm. It's a lot more difficult with several layers to worry about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our granddaughter is both funny and smart! Baba

Inka in Ulan-Ude said...

And delightful, charming, friendly, sweet, lovely .....

Anonymous said...

Of course I agree with Baba and Inka. Great story, movie and pictures as always. I think Anneka also has some pretty gifted parents. Keep up the great work! Love ya, GrandMama Irene