Today we said our last goodbyes to Elisabeth at the airport before she flew off to Germany. A little over a month ago, she was offered a job as the women's dean of Brake Bible College. After much prayer, God made it really clear that she was to go. We are happy for her, as we can see God's leading and know He has good things in store. But, of course, we are sad, as Elisabeth has been such a sweet part of our lives here in Buryatia. She's always been just a few feet away (literally... living right across the hall). Now, the distance is much further.
On Saturday we had a team going away party. Rebecca made an awesome cannelloni (is that how you say it?) dinner and it was good to all be together.
The kids all gathered around the cakes, as this was the most important part of the meal. Anneka is at the age now where she plays so nicely in the other room with the kids!
Inka and I came up with Jeopardy questions about Elisabeth's life and our team divided into two groups to answer the questions. Afterwards, we had a time of sharing with Elisabeth ways that God has shone through her and many of the reasons she is so special to us. Then we prayed blessings over her during this time of transition and for this new season in her life.
Last night we had a big going away party for Elisabeth at the Central Church. Sharon was in charge of everything, and it turned out great! They(Matthew did was the mastermind behind it) put together a fantastic video with pictures and interviews of many of us from Elisabeth's life.
I was in a skit and I had to be Elisabeth! I get nervous whenever I have to speak in Russian in front of a group of people. But God helped me to remember my lines. The star of the stage was Anneka, when she acted as a messenger from God... a little angel. She perfectly delivered the message when she was supposed to and then left. Everyone loved it.
On our way home, we got a flat tire. It's a frequent occurrence here (bad roads), and made for a good laugh as it's like a little goodbye present for Elisabeth.
Goodbye, Elisabeth! We love you and will miss you! Thank you for your friendship and for investing in our lives. You have been a source of encouragement and an example of faith to us. We cherish each moment we've had with you!
2 comments:
Awesome pictures and tribute to your very dear friend, Elizabeth. I'm sure it will be a memory she'll treasure (and you too). Sounds like little Anneka is going to be a little actress just like her mama. I knew she was a little angel. Love you all, GrandMama Irene
Oh Jami... I miss you already!!! Thank you so much for this nice post and everything else you did for me. You, Leif and Anneka are one of the reasons that made it VERY hard to leave. Love you!!!
Post a Comment