We learned of my grandma Violet's passing on Saturday. It's hard to be away from family at times like this, being able to grieve and reminisce together. I don't have many good pictures of Grandma since we've had our digital camera. It'll be good to go through old pictures the next time we're in the States. This little dog (pictured above) and another little dog LOVED my grandma and were so sad when she died. They've been looking all over for her, moping around. She loved them, too.
Grandma was sure that we were going to name Anneka "Baikal" since we lived by the lake. When she found out that we weren't going to name her Baikal, she suggested the name Jasmine Joy. I love how she said what she thought. Of course, the second she met Anneka, she loved her and called her her "little peanut".
I have many sweet memories that have filled my mind these past few days- fishing with grandma and grandpa on opening day (Grandma would squeal SO excitedly when she had a fish on the line!), running to her cookie jar that was always stocked full, sitting in the warmth of her kitchen next to the wood stove while she made something like cabbage rolls, hearing stories of how she and grandpa met and seeing how much they loved each other. I treasure these memories and am blessed to come from such a loving family.

My sister had this picture on facebook, and it makes me smile. I'm the little baby in the middle. =) My mom's parents are on the far outside of the picture and my dad's parents are on the inside. (Grandma Vi is my Dad's mom). My sister is holding my foot and my brother, David, is in front, too. And, of course, my parents are in there, too.
I love you, Grandma!
8 comments:
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am praying for you during this difficult time.
Jami, I am so glad you posted these pictures as we are gathering pictures for the service. You three are greatly missed... especially at times like these!
What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma and great pictures, too. May you and your family find a special comfort from our loving Father in Heaven. Love, Mama Irene
I am so sorry you aren't able to be with your family during this time. We'll be praying for all of you. It was fun to hear about your memories, and so sweet to see pictures of your grandma with Anneka!
Hi Jame,
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. What a beautiful tribute to her and wonderful pictures. I love seeing the one of your parents and grandparents from back in the day.
Sending big hugs to you and your fam. I can imagine it is hard for you to be far from them during this time.
Love You, Kadie
Dear Jami - Thank you for sharing your touching stories and pictures about your dear Grandma Violet Viola Smith. I am sorry for your loss and am praying for you and your family.
Blessings,
Martha - Baikal 2008
oh no jami, i'm so sorry. your post was so sweet and memorable. will be praying for you
Oh so sorry to hear Jami. I still miss my grandmother lots.
Post a Comment