Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Updates



The day camps are continuing this week, but in a different neighborhood (10 minutes from here). Leif feels like his lines for the skits are more ingrained in his mind after having a week to stir around in his brain. This summer has been a huge language stretch for Leif (in a good way). It amazes me how he always steps up to the challenge.

Last Friday, I met two ladies at the day camp and we sat and talked for a long while. I know that God opened up that opportunity and gave me the courage to go and sit by them. That morning I'd prayed that He'd bring me people to talk with and He answered!



These are the main 4 men who are working on the sports square. They eat lunch here every day, and lately I've been making it for them. Inka and Elisabeth have made lunch a couple of days, too. So nice. These guys work hard and it's nice for them not to have to worry about buying/making something.



This is the progress on the sports square. Actually, today it looks even better, but I don't have a picture. You'll see it soon, though.

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

That looks like some amazing progress already! Wow! Blessings on the work and ministry, Jami! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a change in such a short time! What are the poor workers going to do when you're at the conference? Love you all and plan to call tomorrow.
In God's hands, "Grand"mama Irene