It's been fun introducing our moms to friends here and showing them around Ulan Ude. Today we had friends over after church and our moms made lunch. It was really nice to be able to sit and relax and talk with guests. Also, today was the first time that I've been able to sit through the whole church service since Anneka was born. My mom sat with her outside while she slept, which was SO nice. She's recently taken a liking to her stroller and will fall asleep in it. The only problem is that since camp, she doesn't fall asleep (on her own) very well in her bed. Sigh. It'll take 3-10 days of training to get her back on track. I'm hoping it's closer to three!
The picture above is from church today. One of the ladies gathered some of us together and posed us. Tomorrow Leif and Irene will go to a small city 6 hours away to be a part of a week-long day camp. Mom and I won't have a lack of things to do, I'm sure!!
Anneka has two little Russian kercheifs that she wears now that it's summer. I love them. You can't see it too well in this picture, but it's super-cute!
3 comments:
Fun to see your moms there. I bet they're having such a good time in sunny Ulan Ude & hope they're experiencing that delicious ice cream in a bag that you have there. Erin
Mmmm. Ice cream!
I hope you guys are having a great and relaxing time hanging out with your moms!
That is soooo fun. Mama time is great. Ice cream does sound good right now.
p.s.--I like the kercheif
Post a Comment