One of the most common questions moms ask me here is when I "goolyat" with Anneka each day... meaning, when do I go for a walk so that she'll sleep and get fresh air. Many moms goolyat twice a day. I think fresh air is good for babies, and often I goolyat simply because I have errands to run and have Anneka with me. But by no means do I gooyat twice a day! I'd never get anything done at home and Anneka usually wakes up as soon as we come back to the warm apartment (and I don't want to goolyat for two hours at a time). I like to goolyat with other moms and find it a good connecting point. And if Leif and I don't have evening plans, we like to walk together. It's a perfect time because Anneka often needs a "catnap" in the evening but doesn't go to sleep as easily as her other two daily naps. As soon as we exit the apartment, she's fast asleep on Leif, cuddled in the ergo baby carrier. It's so cute.
This is what she looked like the other day after goolyating. She was so tired, that she didn't stir when we entered the apartment and went on to sleep in her bed. A lady told me that I need to stuff paper in the pink hat so that it doesn't fall down over Anneka's eyes. I didn't realize it was still so big on her- I liked it because it covered her ears!
2 comments:
Haha! That picture is so funny! So most of the moms just walk during their babies naps? That is the only time I have to get things done! Happy goolyating! :)
That picture is so funny! She will love it when she's 13 or 14 and you start passing it around to all her friends ;)
Post a Comment