Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Store Picture


Anneka and I went to get eggs and milk yesterday at the little store in our building. The ladies who work there are so nice and are always so happy to see Anneka. The lady pictured said, "The little miracle girl has arrived". She was SO happy when I let her hold Anneka. She walked around with her, showing her all of the products behind the counter, and said several times to her coworkers, "I've never seen a baby smile this much". She kept squeezing her little baby body, and I almost thought she wasn't going to give her back! =) I like that I can connect with these ladies through sharing Anneka. I feel like more doors are open with people than ever before.
A sweet moment from today: On my way home from being out, a little boy offered to carry my bag for me, as I was holding Anneka. He carried it all the way up the stairs and stopped at our door. I thought that was so sweet! Someone trained him well.

2 comments:

Gina said...

that is soooo sweet about that little boy! wow...
how wonderful too that the shop keeper loves to hold anneka... thats great that she is little enough to not mind too - and she'll learn russian too through all the ladies there!

This Is The Day said...

That is so sweet! It sounds like Anneka is doing so well! Kariya is starting to develop a little stranger anxiety and doesn't really like unfamiliar people to hold her or even get too close. It makes me feel terrible when she starts crying in someone's face! I'm hoping she'll get over it soon! :)