Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Trip to the Hospital



Don't let the title concern you. Today we went to the hospital (pictured behind Anneka and me up the hill) to get our lungs x-rayed. We have to get a bunch of medical tests done before we apply for temporary residency here to show that we're not bringing a lot of diseases into the country. THANKFULLY, Anneka does not need these tests. Our friends in another Siberian city had to have all the tests done for their kids, too. But in Ulan Ude, they'll let Anneka go without the tests. Whew!
So we had our lungs x-rayed and then they handed us a picture of our lungs. Then we need to take that picture to the tuberculosis hospital for them to look at the picture and deem that we don't have TB. Then they'll give us a piece of paper with an official stamp on it. We also have to get AIDS tests, STD tests, a skin test, and drug tests (all at different locations). It's quite the process!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Guys!!
We miss you a lot! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well (and that Anneka didn't have to get an X-Ray). :)
Blessings,
Nick and Jen

Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it through the first step of a long process...praying for you. Baba

This Is The Day said...

Wow, if we took that kind of process to let people live here, America would look a lot different! It sounds so complicated.

I can't believe you can fit Anneka into the baby bjorn all bundled up like that. :) She looks so cute and cozy. We're praying for the rest of the process to go smoothly! Miss you!

DouloScott said...

Leif, No more pictures with your shirt off...you're looking a little thin.

James and Erin Young said...

Glad to hear that Anneka didn't need the x-rays! She looks so cute and bundled like a Moscow Monkey! It's good to see you all looking and feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Leif, can see right through you...and I think you need to eat some more. :) kadie

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Hi Jamie and Leif! I saw your link on Kadie's blog and thought I would drop by to say hello! Great pictures, you have a beautiful daughter! :) WOW!!

I am living in Washington DC now, it is awesome! Off to Uganda this July to study the HIV/AIDS epidemic and how it has affected children. I really miss WA state - hopefully will make a visit this May. That is about it - Praise God for all that He is doing in Siberia!

Blessings,
Ruhiyyih

Sweetest Petula said...

I disagree with Scott...what your blog needs is more topless Leif shots...spice it up a little guys! Ha...just kidding. Keep your shirt on. Thanks.
-Cory

seattleerin said...

I'm so glad your trip to the hospital was planned.