Saturday, March 15, 2008

Buryat Believers' Meeting


Today we went to the Buryat believers' meeting. People from different churches in Ulan Ude get together a couple of times a month to pray and talk about how to reach the Buryats with the news of Jesus. Today there was a speaker from Finland as well as a Buryat speaker. The Buryat speaker told us that they are building a Buryat center where all the churches in Buryatia can work together and have good communication- for example if one church is planting a new church in a new village, then it makes sense for another church to plant a new church in a different village. This center will help to be a "home base" for sharing that kind of information.
As soon as we walked in today, Anneka was accosted by all the Buryat ladies. She liked it. The lady pictured kept walking around with Anneka, saying, "she looks like me, don't you think?" hahaha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jami,
I can tell from this picture that Anneka's personality is coming out. What a cutie pie. She looks like she is getting to be tons of fun! She's so beautiful. Just like her mommy!

anita

Anonymous said...

Oh Anneka is so adorable and responsive! I am so jealous! I want to be the one holding Anneka cheek to cheek. Besides, I really don't think she looks that
much like the Buryat lady. (smile) Baba

seattleerin said...

Oh my gosh that picture of Anneka is adorable! And, wow! I remember the Believer's Meeting!