Monday, March 10, 2008

Back to the Land of the Living








Okay, so the cold that I mentioned in the last blog turned into probably the worst cold I've ever had in my life! I think it got so bad because I tried to stay up in the day to get adjusted to the new time zone and then I couldn't sleep at all at night. And then little Anneka couldn't breathe through her nose very well. We spent a lot of time sitting in the shower room with the hot water running and steaming up our airways. We also both had fevers. Thankfully Anneka's was just for a couple of days and never got too high. Mine lasted almost a full week and was up above 103F. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Thankfully, we're both feeling MUCH better. Today we entered the land of the living. I don't have any amazing to pictures to show because the lady at the store today was new and it would've been strange to take a picture of her (or of ourselves for that matter). And all of the decorations and organization that I'd hoped to do in our apartment this past week has been put on hold. We got bedding in Anneka's crib and our belongings put away, but that's about it.

Our excursion today was pretty successful. The store that has toothpaste and batteries and things like that was closed, but the store with food was open. I figure that's more important anyways. The clerk yelled at my for not having a second hat on Anneka, but I think she really liked us. She was okay with me not having the perfect change and she even put my groceries in the bag for me! This is the first time this has EVER happened to me. I think it's because she thought my hands were full with Anneka. I like this new clerk a lot and look forward to getting to know her. And next time I'll put Anneka in two hats.

It's not that cold here. It was only about 7F when we flew in a week ago. I don't know what it is now, but it doesn't seem that cold. And our apartment is so hot. Anneka's sleeping on our bed right now becuase her room is like a sauna. The heater is hottest in her room anyways and in midday, the sun shines in and makes it even hotter. I'll include a pic of her on our bed, too. That's all family wants to see anyways. =) The other two are of Leif putting Anneka in a cloth diaper and of Anneka saying hello while keeping me company in the kitchen.

Today Leif is hauling heavy stuff with a guy from the church. I'm not really sure what they're hauling or what it's for. We'll find out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! I'm so glad to hear your feeling better. Thanks for the new pictures. Of course, we still want to see pictures of you...it's just that Annekea is so much cutier! Love the first shot. She looks like she is rockin' out in some sort of spaceship.
Love you lots.

James and Erin Young said...

I am so happy you are all feeling better! Anneka looks so happy! Take care! Erin

Anonymous said...

I love these pics! Anneka is so animated and smiley!

kadie

Anonymous said...

We think you guys are amazing!! I am inspired/challenged by your comments of meeting the store clerk and your intentionality of fostering closer relations. I should have the same attitude towards those who I see on a regular basis. Glad you are feeling better.

Jeff

This Is The Day said...

Maybe it is my imagination (seeing as you just left:) but it seems like Annkea looks bigger and older! She is SO cute! I love the little striped sweater. :)