Sunday, May 20, 2007

Our Baby











Medical care here in Russia has been a dilemna for us as we prepare to have a child. The system of prenatal care is quite different from the States and has caused us to pray about what to do. Thankfully, there's a midwife here (from the Spokane area, no less!) who is happy to do checkups for us. I met with her last week, and I am so thankful for her care and expertise. She had a kit of babies of different sizes, depending on how old they are in the womb. This picture shows the size of our baby now at 16 weeks.




We're still enjoying this time with the Brunos. Yesterday with took a passenger train to Lake Baikal. The weather was nice and it was so nice to breath fresh air and take in the beauty of God's creation. Ron and Gretchen have been such servants... washing our dishes, cleaning our floors, taking the garbage all the way out to the garbage cans... it's been really nice. Gretchen continues to give me new ideas for cooking. I feel more empowered to try new things.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, umm, what? I had no idea you were pregnant. I missed that along the way. Congratulations guys! I can't believe it. You will be in our prayers.

This Is The Day said...

Now that we have experienced the outcome of the nine month wait we are more excited than ever for you guys! It is incredible when you finally get to hold your little person! We can't wait to meet yours!

Anonymous said...

Jami, I LOVE seeing you in those pictures! Your smiling face brings such joy to me- even as I read it I'm smiling. I love thinking of you hanging out with kind-hearted midwives and former missionaries to Guatamala. I just love reading about your life. I wish I were closer to it, but I'm thankful for getting to know about it this way. And I LOVE the thought of Baby Gustafson...how exciting!!!! Man, Jami! I can't wait!!! I sure love you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jami and Leif, What fun to read your blog and see pictures. You are looking so healthy and happy. Can't wait to see you both when you get home to Spokane. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Leif and Jami, thank you so much for posting the pictures of the Bruno's! They are very dear friends of ours and it is incredible to see them and hear all about their visit! Looks like it was a neat time had by all. We enjoyed your blog, thank you so much!
Our love,
Dave and Cindy DeLaPaz

Anonymous said...

It's great to see that you are expecting a little one. You are going to be great parents! When Ian found out that we were going to the SCE Conference in August and that he would know a lot of people there he said, "Will Leif be there?" Unfortunately, no! We miss you both and hope to see you again sometime!

Anonymous said...

Leif, you so funny! It looks like you are holding a little legume. But pretty soon your peanut will be a watermelon! Holy cow!