Monday, May 07, 2007

A Housewarming Party


Yesterday we invited our church over for lunch after the service. When we were sitting in the service, I had this horrifying thought that nobody would come... but I think EVERYONE there ended up coming! (no exaggeration... I really think everyone came... although our church is quite small, so that only meant 35 or 40 people). It' so convenient living within walking distance from the church, and it was so fun to have a "housewarming party" now that we're settled into the neighborhood. Afterwards, Leif and I both reflected that we feel like having everyone over really helped us to feel more connected with people. And we really felt loved by everyone.
The top picture was taken after a few people had left and is of us "girls". The bottom picture is of our room. We feel so blessed! The sweet babushka in the above picture (Ira) kept saying "Slava bogu" (praise God) for all of His blessings. We agree.

2 comments:

Gina said...

your room is so pretty! did you get all that stuff in russia? like the curtains and bedspread and pillows?! so pretty. thats reallyfun that your whole church came over :) how sweet is that! lets talk on skpe sometime soon i mis syou! gina

Anonymous said...

You have such great taste, Jami. You chose such pretty fabrics and colors!