Monday, April 02, 2007

Our New Home



We officially moved into our new apartment this past week. After cleaning the floors multiple times to get rid of wallpaper glue and dust, it now feels liveable.... and sooo nice to be in our own place! We couldn't have asked for a better apartment. We see God's hand all over finding this place. We're still getting furniture (so that our clothes and belongings won't stay in piles on the floor). But we have a kitchen table and a couch, so we now feel that we can invite people into our new home and develop relationships with people from our new church and neighborhood. What a blessing!

Speaking of blessings, our teammate, John, and his son, Matthew, came over this week to help Leif assemble our bed and nightstands. They were delivered in tiny little pieces! I think the guys had fun doing it, though, and it saved us the cost of assembly. We will post more pictures as our rooms are more in order (and our clothes are off the floor!) I think our kitchen is the nicest kitchen in all of Ulan Ude! The landlords really did a nice job with the cabinets, tiles, and flooring. The only thing we still need for this room is curtains.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! I love your kitchen. So bright and happy and hopeful just like this time of year!

Gina said...

looks so nice! how fun! how many rooms is it? like how many bedrooms is it? just wondering in case we come to visit. HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your new place does look so pretty! Are the walls periwinkle? Is the other wall beige? What do your windows look onto? I guess I'll see soon. : ) Erin

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, is that kitchen for real? It is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I can't not comment on this b/c your kitchen is so much nicer than mine! I LOVE IT! The place looks awesome! :) I'm happy for you guys. I wish I could come and see it in person.
anita

Erin said...

That is an awesome kitchen! How fun! I am so happy for you in your new place, its always so nice to have a place to call your own! I love it!
Erih Young