Monday, October 16, 2006

What does that say?



The Russian handwritten script can sometimes be a bit tricky to read. When I first saw it up on the chalkboard, I thought it looked like a bunch of "double-u's". This picture proves my point, with little exaggeration. When my teacher taught me this word last week, I had to take a picture! This word means "unnecessary" or "unwanted". Yes, I would tend to agree.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that is so hilarious!

DouloScott said...

That's hysterical...it took my Russian co-worker a couple of minutes to read it as well...and Russian is her first language. So is there a spiritual gift of reading???

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Ha that's interesting! It seems like you guys are having fun. What you're going through reminded me of when I first came to the states. Hope everything's well and will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I can't believe that's a real word!

I'll pray harder for your language acquisition... =)