
The first snow of the season always has a little bit of excitement to it, but there is also a bit of a feeling of, "here we go," when you live in Siberia and know that it will be quite a few months before you really feel like just going out for a walk to enjoy the nice weather. It kind of took us by suprise because we both got ready to go to our classes without looking outside. We opened the door and looked through the door to the stairwell in our apartment building and saw the skiff of snow on the ground and a blowing wind that sent the snow flying directly into your eyes. We managed to make it to and from class and didn't get to cold. Actually, there has been little to complain about as far as the weather. We have had what they call a grandma summer--kind of like what we would call an Indian summer--where it has been relatively warm so far this fall. The whole grandma summer thing makes me think of the large elderly populations that move to nice warm places like Florida and Arizona. Maybe there is some wisdom that people get with age, but as long as the rest of the world hasn't figured out that it is nicer to live somewhere warm we will continue to share Christ and His love in cold places like Siberia.
5 comments:
Wow, snow already...I guess it's almost that time of year to let your hair grow out as to keep an "extra layer" for warmth. Stay warm, my friends. And don't forget to massage your nose and cheeks to fend frostbite!
Are you sure you don't want to come to Slovenia :). But just today it turned a little colder ... maybe the Slovenian grannies left yesterday :). But there's still a lot of time till the first snow falls I guess.
Very warm greetings from LJ to the c...est p..s in Siberia!
WOW!! snow already that is so amazing. hey, i love your posts! :) great pictures too. Lets skype sometime soon. I miss you. hey you know what? when you're pregnant, you're so much warmer, you should plan to have a baby and make the duration of the pregnancy during the winter !! :)
I love line about the wisdom from the aged, I guess as you get older you do gain some smarts...praise the Lord that you two are able to hang in the cold for Christ!!!
Aw. The first snow. It is ironic that, being so excited to see those first skiffs (love that word!), we are always so happy to see it finally go. We have had such sunny weather that today's gray clouds are somewhat of a surprise... I may have to switch to hot lattes soon. That is when you know winter is come. I will think of you when I take that first sip. :o)
Post a Comment