Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our Mailbox

This is a picture of our mailbox. It hangs in the stairwell of our aparment building, and just received it's first letter for us! The envelope was torn open, but the letter was intact... Hooray! We're praying that other mail will arrive safely. Here's our address (for a few months) for those who want it:

RUSSIA
Ulan-Ude 670042
Kalashnikova 16-2
Leif and Jami Gustafson
RUSSIA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice :). ... makes us feel glad about ours. But besides some advertisements there was nothing in yet. :(
It's really cool you do have a weblog!

DouloScott said...

That's awesome...what a great adventure!!!

Anonymous said...

The letter was open, huh? Good thing my words weren't stolen!Well, I hope the card wasn't damaged and that you were encouraged. Love to you and can't wait to read more blog.

Gina said...

oh cool!
i love that you update your blog. hey, im on skype all the time - so if you ever get on... just skype me or whateve r:) love, gina

Anonymous said...

Hey, I bet you don't have those annoying Wednesday ads and coupons... Lucky! :o)

Dan said...

Sweet. Care package brainstorming in the works...

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Russia...I forgot about the kinds of things like that that you get to enjoy. I pray your mail will be protected and plentiful. THanks for giving us your address! I loved reading your blog, too- thanks for doing that for us! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good morning from Spokane! Classy Blog!

Our life group is sort of following in your example. We are hosting a family of 7 from Somolia- Muslim refugees with World Relief. We meet them tonight at the airport. We plan on helping them get settled and then meeting regularly with them as a group to teach English! Pray for us as we pray for you.

Kelly and Diana and group

Anonymous said...

Cheri said,
I love your blog. Keep encouraged in your Russian lessons. I am going to have to tell Melissa about this blog thing. Love to you both.