Friday, January 31, 2020

A Little Added Excitement to our Lives




     One thing that is always a constant in living in a house in the village is that we have random problems.  They are usually different problems each time, but they add a little extra excitement to our lives.  😉  This time, sludge started seeping up into our bathroom from the pipes below the toilet.  Leif needed to be able to get underneath the house to find the source of the problem, but we didn't know where the door in the floor was.  (Our friend who put the door in for us did it when we were on our home service a couple of years ago.)  So, he tore apart the entryway, living room, and school room (moving everything along the way) to lift up the linoleum and find the door.


     He finally found it and cut a hole in our linoleum for next time.  I will not show you the super gross pictures of the stuff that was leaking and then freezing under there.  But Leif pulled out several HUGE chucks of dirty ice.  I'm so thankful it was all frozen and not in a grosser state!

The Hero of Our Home!


     That same day, I had been helping drive a single mom around to different doctors offices.  I saw that she had to chop her own wood.  Her axe is really poor, and some of her stumps are so large that they are very hard for her to cut.  I mentioned it to Leif and he was more than happy to take a "break" to go and chop wood for awhile.  Today he is back there with two other guys from our home group to finish the job and stack everything. 


    Leif's feet were so cold that he came home and immediately stuck them on our radiators.  Thankfully our house is warm this winter!!

     While these problems can sometimes feel wearying, I also know that God loves to grow us through trials.  He cares about how we deal with these situations.  We pray that we can honor Him in our attitudes, no matter the circumstances.  

3 comments:

Irene Gustafson said...

Glad you were able to solve this problem. Thankful you have a warm home and are able to help others. I’m also thankful for Leif’s physical strength and health. Hugs and prayers my dear Siberian family ❤️🙏🏼

Anonymous said...

Keeping you all in prayer and thankyou for the exciting updates to your adventures ! Thanking God for you and your hearts ��

Anonymous said...

Leif IS a Hero!!! It is encouraging to see how you handle problems with such a good attitude. This must be where God wants you.
Baba