![]() |
| Getting ready to take the train to Lipetsk |
In April, I was given the unique opportunity to go to a Soul Care Retreat. It is just for ladies and the main focus of the retreat is to give long-term ideas/resources for ways to connect with God more deeply and then to give us time to BE alone with God every day! This is the first time I've had the chance to do something like this, and I was so thankful for this time.
The retreat was near Lipetsk (in Russia) at a place that's been newly remodeled for camp ministries. My very favorite part is that I got this whole room ALL TO MYSELF!!!! Every day from 1:00-6:00pm, we had time to be alone with God. Having our own rooms was very conducive to this.
This was the view from my balcony. We were in the middle of a forested area, and it was very quiet. I won't post pictures of the actual morning and evening sessions because many of the ladies there were from closed areas. We were given great tools to both sustain and grown in our walks with God. These are things that will help us our whole lives and also pass along to others.
I went for a few walks in the woods.
After the Soul Care Retreat, I decided to stay one extra day in the area to visit friends that used to live in Ulan-Ude and had moved. It was so good for my heart to see these lovely people that I've missed so much!!! I had the blessing of joining the Patchovka family for their Sabbath meal and prayers of blessings over their children, me, and one another.
They shared how different meanings of Jewish foods and customs point to Jesus as the Messiah. It was really interesting to learn these things and sing songs of praise to God together.
I also went to their Messianic Jewish church service with them. I waited outside with three of the kids while the rest of them got ready inside.
Each Saturday it takes them an hour and a half to get there! Walking, bus, train, and more walking! All with five kids!!
The church service was a great celebration, with dancing and trumpets. They included the kids in the service and taught from the New Testament (but referenced back to the Old Testament). I really enjoyed being there.
After the service, I met up with Liza and Sonia, who used to live in Ulan-Ude, too. It was so nice to catch up with them and to know how to be praying for them. After lunch and before I needed to start traveling back, Sonya and I went on a long walk. It was so nice to have the time together to talk!
I came back from this time refreshed and filled up. What a gift!!










1 comment:
Not sure how I missed this, but what a wonderful blessing this was. Hugs Mama Irene
Post a Comment