Sunday, December 30, 2018

Circus Tricks on a Horse!






     Yesterday our daughter was in a competition, doing circus tricks on a horse!  She only learned of the competition the day before!  I love how she jumped right in and stepped up to the challenge.  


It was fun watching the girls.  It takes a lot of strength to swing your body over a horse!




     We had to wait a long time for the competition to start.  We all completely froze!  Even though it was inside the barn, I don't think it made it any warmer than outside.  I've never seen Leif get so chilled in all of the years I've known him!  The kids went into the changing room for awhile and tried to cuddle with the barn cats to warm up a bit.  

   
     After the competition was another type of competition.  People brought all different types of salads shaped into various artwork.  Somehow I missed the memo and only brought a salad in a bowl (no artwork out of it).  But next year we'll be prepared!  We thought this horse was pretty cute.  But they were all incredible!! 

     Our kids have been part of things we never imagined they'd be a part of.  It's fun to see and we look forward to what future adventures they'll be a part of! ;)

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Lol! I can just imagine showing up with a plain old bowl of salad when everyone else had food art. Too funny. I love that Anneka totally went for the circus riding! Your kids get some amazingly unique opportunities!

-Rachel

Irene Gustafson said...

I missed this one, too?
Anneka you’re so adventurous ❤️Grandma Irene