Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Last Day of School


   
 Ike had his last day of preschool today!  I'm part of a Viber group where the teacher sends pictures.  She sent the above picture, plus this video to show a Buryat dance they did today.  Ike is the one in the black t-shirt and baseball cap with a monkey head protruding from it.  =)



      Later in the day, they had a special program for families of the students.  The boys sang a song.  Ike did a great job at knowing the words!



          Everyone sang a Buryat song together.  We were surprised at how much of the program was in the Buryat language... pretty cool!

 He received a paper medalion and a certificate.

 Ike with his teacher.

... and the lipstick leftover from where she kissed him.  =)

      Ike normally comes home after lunch each day, but today his teacher called and invited him to stay and nap after lunch, since their program was at 3:30.  I was wondering how that would go, since I hadn't told him he'd be staying and also he never naps at home!  But it turns out he slept with all of the other children!  I asked him how he did it, and he said it was really quiet and nobody talked.  "We should do this at home, too", he declared.  So funny.


     Our girls also had their last day of school... and their last day to meet in this particular apartment.  They were both still recovering from their sickness, so it was a short day for them.  At the end of the day  Mr. Art and Mrs. Lisa packed up their rooms and moved out.  It felt a little sad, as it's the end of a very special era.

     Now, summer is here and we move in three days!  I'm procrastinating from packing by writing this blog.  I guess I'd better get to it!  

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Handsome Ike! I bet it is a little bittersweet to leave your place and all the memories you have made there! We pray you will make many happy new memories in Spring Village!!!

Irene Gustafson said...

I don't know how I missed this...such fun to see Ike and his class and their special celebrations. So proud of you Ike and of course Ella and Anneka, too. Such amazing grandkids, and so smart! Hugs, GrandMama Irene