 |
| We love this dear family and thank God for healing Anya! |
We are celebrating the life of little Anya and how the Lord healed her this summer! In July, my friend Asya called me, frantic, and told me that her 6 year old daughter was in an ambulance from the village to the city. She had a high fever and a terrible headache and hurt all over. We soon found out that she had tick-borne encephilitis and her prognosis was grim. Her condition grew worse and worse, and Asya asked us to pray. We wrote to many people all around the world, and the response was incredible! Many people were praying and lifting up this dear family to Jesus. One night when Anya was in critical condition I was in such distress that I couldn't sleep. I prayed and prayed all night and really sensed that this battle was not just a physical one, but a spiritual one. I cried out for little Anya's life and for the salvation of her family.... and I took great comfort in knowing that so many people were praying. The next morning we learned that Anya had turned a corner and the most dangerous point had passed.
Asya wrote me a text message that translates into: " I don't know what
to say! God is helping us! And all who are praying for us! I am so
thankful for all of these people. These prayers are saving us". Anya came out of her comatose state and regained feeling in her limbs. She began to recover at a rate that was surprising for the doctors. When she met with the neurologist a couple of weeks later, he was amazed to see that there was no visible long-term damage.
 |
| What joy for our girls to play with Anya after she was released from the hospital! |
The road to recovery is still a long one. Anya just spent a couple of weeks at a special physical therapy center for kids. She'll delay going to first grade for another year. And she needs to rest more. But there is no denying the miracle that God has done, and we thank Him for it! It has been so neat for our kids to be a part of praying for Anya and loving her. It was such joy to see her after she was in the hospital. I got teary just looking at her! Please continue to pray for this family and for God to take hold of their hearts completely.
2 comments:
SO awesome! I love how you celebrate God's goodness.
Such an awesome answer to prayer! I love when God lets us see the visible results of our prayers! Will continue to pray for this family...that many lives will be touched as a result of Anya's healing!
Post a Comment