This event led to a lot of great spiritual discussions with our kids about God and heaven. Our kids have been asking a lot of spiritual questions lately, and it's been fun to pray with them together for different people and things that are going on. This week our teammate, Nettie, had a great English group in sharing the story of the Prodigal Son and having the students themselves tell the story. We prayed together with the kids for the evening and then thanked Him when we heard how amazing the evening went and how well these people received the message of the father being like our loving God. It's cool, too, because we didn't know what Nettie was sharing on and we just "happened" to as a family go over that same story that evening. I love how God does that.
I decided to include the notes we made for Sally:
We don't know if our beloved pets make it to heaven or not, but we know that God is loving and talks about amazing things in heaven like the lion lying down with the lamb and the snake with the infant.
I love how Ella drew a smiling Sally.
Ike really wanted me to draw a picture of "dead Sally", as she was in her cage. I didn't feel comfortable doing this, but Leif did it, saying that if it helped Ike, he would draw dead Sally. What a guy! I asked Ike what to write, and it was a little nonsensical. =)
I love Leif's note, too.
Goodbye, Sally! You were a wonderful first pet for our family!
3 comments:
Hugs to all! Love the art, and, well, Ike's contributions are of course quite amusing. Tell the girls I'm glad I got to meet Sally last month.
Thanks for sharing the "whole" story. It's interesting and hard to loose a pet. We always had little burials, too. It is often during our trials (of which this truly was for the kids) that we learn and grow. Sometimes children have a hard time understanding and expressing their feelings at these time. I'm glad that you allowed Ike to express his feelings, even if they seemed unusual. God bless you all. Hugs and love, Grand Mama Irene
Oh, so sad, and it sounds rather traumatic with her hanging from the top like that! I can't believe how long you had her! Our little Herbie only lasted a few weeks, and Lottie made it only a year. Hamster typically only live 2 years so that's great that she was with you so long. I always think it's funny that we can buy Siberian Hamsters here...that's what Herbie was. Maybe Sally lived longer because she was in her native land. :) Love the notes and things! I hope they will always have good memories of her!
Post a Comment