This winter, a kind lady from one of our supporting churches wrote to us, asking if they could send a big box of warm clothes for people here. She had been talking with her daughters about sharing with those in need, and her 7-year-old wanted to give warm things to people who live in Siberia. I was touched by their kindness, and it was such fun to watch people accept these items and even more people to see them using them for weeks afterwards!
The kids were so happy and loved picking out gloves and hats!
I only took pictures of those that I knew wouldn't mind, but their humongous box blessed many, many people!
Anneka got her "dream coat" out of the box. I can't tell you how happy she was about it! And she's matching her friend with her new white coat.
I think it's so great when we can teach our kids the joy and value of giving to others. I often think about what we can do here to reach out, as there are so many people with real, tangible needs. Pray that God will give us wisdom in this and that our hearts will be generous and trusting in God's great goodness. Pray that we won't become desensitized to the many who are hurting around us, but that we'll always be filled with care and love for them.
2 comments:
I thought that was so sweet when I heard little B was doing that. What a huge blessing little children can be!
Praise God, what a blessing. Hugs, Grand Mama Irene
Post a Comment